5.30.2006

PING!!!!



Ahhhhh, yes. It is that time of year. It is the time when the "ping" of aluminum bats becomes familiar to us again. It is time for the NCAA College Baseball National Tournament. My Bulldogs (Mississippi State) got in by the skin of their teeth. We are playing in the number one seed's (Clemson) bracket.

I can almost smell the grills in the Left Field Lounge. I can feel the warm sun of the back of my neck (yes, all Mississippians are rednecks in at least in one sense). I can imagine the ebb and flow of the game with its gentle and graceful pace. I can hear the crowds rising to roar at the sound, PING!!!!

With baseball, there is never any hurry. Some of my fondest memories at Mississippi State were spending an afternoon relaxing in the bleachers with Julie or my best friend, Anthony, and talking about anything and everything. Oh, how I wish I was at a regional site this weekend!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!! BEAT CLEMSON!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pop said...

Yeah!!!!!!!GO DAWGS

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home