3.06.2006

Charlie's Hero of the Faith #1


After much contemplation I have decided that one of my three heroes of the faith has got to be Dr. Al Mohler. He is not #1 (I don't want to rank), but he is one of the three. A stalwart cog in the conservative resurgence of the Southern Baptist Convention, Dr. Mohler became president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary at age 35. Here is his bio. As you can tell, the man is simply a genius. God has really blessed him and he, likewise, has allowed God to use him for His glory.

I've also had the pleasure to meet him in person. He preached at my home church a while back, while I was in the middle of my seminary studies. I came up to him and introduced myself, along with my wife and my parents, and he took the time to talk to all of them and carried on an extensive conversation with us. For a man with so little time on his hands, to talk to a family without that "hurried, nervous" pastor look, is a special gift...call it sanctification.

On another note, a friend of mine met him when he visited up at Southern, but ended up attending Southeastern instead. A few years later, that same friend ran into Dr. Mohler and Mohler called him by his name and asked why he didn't end up at Southern! That is truly amazing. From firsthand experience, I can attest that Dr. Mohler exhibits true humility (Christ's measuring stick of greatness) and as a result, God is blessing him and using him for His work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great call, Charlie. God is definitely using Dr. Mohler in wonderful ways.

I was actually very pleased to talk with some of PCA guys at RTS who were very familiar and had nothing but great things to say about Dr. Mohler.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home