4.13.2006

Life After Seminary


My apologies, gentlemen, but this post is primarily for Ben Hames to answer. Ben, would you please give us a brief overview of your first year after seminary? Specifically, what unique joys and challenges has daily ministry life brought? Which ones did you expect and which caught you by surprise?
Ben, as you approach ordination exams with the presbytery, know that I am praying for you. Guys, if you do not know, this can be a very arduous experience, and so I encourage you all to give Ben concentrated focus during this time. I'm looking forward to hearing what you've got to say!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The poison of ministry is the concern about apperances. We should hate hypocrisy & pretense, but love & perform the law of the Lord."

Well said, Ben.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben,
I forgot to ask this in my initial post. Are you going to be called to your church as an Associate pastor or as an assistant pastor (per BCO 22)?

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! You've got to learn your Greek & Hebrew before you can go to presbytery for ordination, right? Will you be ordained as an Assistant Pastor?

5:43 AM  
Blogger Charlie Wallace said...

good thoughts, Ben. I was talking to Drew today about how it is so important for young ministers to get involved with a church that will allow him to blossom and use his strenghts for the good of the Gospel, God, and the congregation.

The Lord knows there are many churches where burnout is not only prevalent, it is imminent. (is that the correct spelling of the word? i know there are 3 different meanings of the word that sounds like it) I have a good feeling that the church I am going to be preaching at in a few weeks will be the kind of church that I mentioned above, and Lord willing, they'll vote me in.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home