3.11.2006

Michael's Hero of the Faith?

After much thought, I have struggled to find a "hero" of the faith. There are several men I would say that I admire. J.I. Packer is a superb theologian and writer. I also appreciate the work of Mark Dever. However, I cannot truthfully say that I closely follow the life of either of these men.

The person I probably most admire is Daniel Akin. I realize that this might be misconstrued as an attempt to stuck up to el presidente. However, that assumption would be narrow and frankly wrong. Just kidding. I really believe that he is the real deal. He is brutally honest, an outstanding preacher and expositor of God's Word, a solid thinker, a careful theologian, and a kind man. He is always willing to talk with and discuss the questions of his students. As far as I can discern, he is a great husband and a wonderful father. He believes in and fights for reform where it is necessary. He is fearless with regard to the issues of the present day. All around, he is type of preacher-theologian-pastor-person that we should all hope to be. He and Dr. Mohler are and will continue to be the future of our denomination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home